Pelion Middle students create a mummy | News
Pelion Middle School students in Kelli Shealy’s sixth-grade social studies class study ancient Egyptian culture, including mummification, pyramids and the religious rituals of Egypt.
During a hands-on activity students used a chicken to learn the process of mummification.
“The class was fully engaged and the students had fun in the process,” said Shealy.
Sixth-grade student Dashawn Jones said, “Mummifying the chicken helped me on my test, because I could remember the steps of mummification right away.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Death of child considered suspicious, under investigation
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake