MGMS LEGO® team wins design award | News
The Meadow Glen Middle Robotics Team, also known as the Robo-Gators, won the Best Robot Design trophy at the FIRST® LEGO® League’s Lexington Regional Competition.
The Robo-Gators competed at the FIRST® LEGO® League Regional Qualifier held at Carolina Springs Middle alongside 20 other local teams.
The team met twice a week after school and, with the help of two mentors from Intel, successfully created their first robot designed with a claw and the ability to use line followers, motor turns and timers.
Team members include students Alex Avila, Emre Cakir, Levi Campbell, Matthew Coolidge, Mihir Dutta, Mohan Foh, Surya Korrapati, Luke Shealy, Thomas Shealy, Thomas Wilson, Coach Jennifer Steiner and Intel Mentors Mark Fitzmaurice and Daniel Henderson.
FIRST® LEGO® League is a robotics program designed to get students excited about science and technology while teaching them valuable career and life skills.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference