SCE&G presents Kids’ Zone program at Pelion Middle School | News
Science Teachers Sharon Macarthur and Alicia Smith teamed up with SCE&G Kids’ Zone to present the Safety City program to Pelion Middle School sixth-grade students.
Pelion Middle School sixth-grade students study sources and properties of energy and how it is transferred. The interactive Kids’ Zone presentation demonstrated these topics along with important safety information including the proper use of electric energy products, potentially hazardous electric and natural gas situations and appropriate actions for hazardous situations.
Sixth-grade student Drew Boozer said, “I thought it was cool because the visit demonstrated how electricity works and the safety and the dangers of it. I learned that if something has a stamp on it with a little hand and a squiggly line that it can shock you.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet