Sheriff promotes correctional officer | News
Lexington County Sheriff James R. Metts promoted one Lexington County Detention Center correctional officer to supervise a shift of correctional officers who supervise inmates in housing units at the detention facility.
Metts promoted Farish Anderson, 53, of Columbia, to the rank of sergeant and assigned Anderson to supervise a shift of correctional officers who supervise inmates in housing units at the Detention Center. Anderson previously held the rank of master correctional officer and served as the assistant supervisor for a shift of correctional officers who work in housing areas at the detention facility.
On January 17, 2006, Metts appointed Anderson to serve as a correctional officer at the Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet