New Providence Elementary Students Donate Toys And Games To Burn Victims | News
New Providence Elementary kindergarten students adopted the Jeffrey Chavis House in Augusta, Ga. for their yearlong service project. The Jeffrey Chavis house benefits pediatric and adolescent burn patients. In cooperation with the local Lexington County Fire Service, students collected toys and games for children at the center.
During the 2012-2013 school year every grade level at NPE will complete a service project. Other projects include collecting toiletries and personal care items for residents of Lexington Extended Care, Nancy K. Perry Children’s Home, Oliver Gospel Mission and the Veteran’s Hospital and collecting books and toys for children in the hospital through the Happy Wheels program.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet