PHES student helps ‘Spare the Air’ | News
Lexington County’s 2013 Spare the Air Calendar features artwork by Pleasant Hill Elementary fifth-grader Taylor Mathias. Selected for the month of September, his artwork promotes riding bicycles as a way to improve air quality.
Taylor entered his drawing in the Spare the Air Calendar Contest sponsored by Lexington County, in partnership with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control and the S.C. Department of Education. The contest was open to Lexington County public, private and home school students in fifth through seventh grades. Students were challenged to creatively illustrate activities that they can adopt in their daily lives to help keep the air we breathe clean.
As one of the 12 winners, Taylor received a framed copy of his artwork and a gift card. Patricia Green, his fifth-grade teacher at PHES, received a school supply gift basket.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference