Police Department hosting memorial for K-9 officer | News
SOUTH CONGAREE, SC (WIS)- The South Congaree Police Department is hosting a memorial service Monday for a fallen officer.
K-9 Officer Enzo died Thursday from cancer. He was 9 years old.
The German Shepherd was born in Holland and trained to work as a police dog. He served the South Congaree Police Department for 8 years. He was officer Roger Singleton's partner.
The memorial service recognizes Enzo for his accomplishments and formally thanks Enzo for his service. It is at 4 p.m. Monday at Ebenezer Pentecostal Holiness Church, 501 Church Street in South Congaree.
"Since we are a small agency, the loss of Enzo is the same as losing a law enforcement officer," said South Congaree Police Chief Jason Amodio.
"Enzo was a special dog. He was great at detecting drugs and equally great at interacting with children at schools and churches. Enzo was part of our family and will be deeply missed."
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference