Police Department hosting memorial for K-9 officer | News
SOUTH CONGAREE, SC (WIS)- The South Congaree Police Department is hosting a memorial service Monday for a fallen officer.
K-9 Officer Enzo died Thursday from cancer. He was 9 years old.
The German Shepherd was born in Holland and trained to work as a police dog. He served the South Congaree Police Department for 8 years. He was officer Roger Singleton's partner.
The memorial service recognizes Enzo for his accomplishments and formally thanks Enzo for his service. It is at 4 p.m. Monday at Ebenezer Pentecostal Holiness Church, 501 Church Street in South Congaree.
"Since we are a small agency, the loss of Enzo is the same as losing a law enforcement officer," said South Congaree Police Chief Jason Amodio.
"Enzo was a special dog. He was great at detecting drugs and equally great at interacting with children at schools and churches. Enzo was part of our family and will be deeply missed."
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet