SC National Guard gives back to RBES students | News
Each year, the soldiers and civilian employees from the United States Property and Fiscal Office for the S.C. National Guard give back to the community by supporting a local cause or organization. This year Lt. Col. Jim Fender, husband of second-grade Red Bank Elementary School teacher, nominated his wife’s class.
Representatives from the S.C. National Guard visited RBES, delivering classroom supplies to Susan Fender’s second-grade class and leading an informational session about their jobs in the military.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet