Crash causes downtown Lexington road closure, power outage | News
LEXINGTON, SC (WIS)- One of the main thoroughfares in the town of Lexington was blocked while electric crews work to replace utility poles that were knocked down when a tractor-trailer hit them Wednesday afternoon.
Police say the collision happened on East Main Street near Efird St. around 1:30 p.m.
East Main Street was closed from North Lake Drive and Harmon Street.
In addition to the traffic bottleneck, there were some power outages in the area.
SCE&G had to replace at least one utility pole and restore power to the area. Time Warner and Windstream are also working to repair their lines.
You are urged to avoid the area if possible.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet