Report: Man tried to steal Valentine’s Day card, teddy bear from Walmart | Crime
A teddy bear, Valentine’s Day card and a bottle of wine where some of the items one shoplifter attempted to steal from a Lexington County business, according to an incident report.
According to Sheriff James Metts, officers responded to the Walmart located on South Lake Drive in reference to a shoplifter in custody on Friday.
Once on the scene, deputies met with Walmart’s loss prevention officer who advised them that he located 18-year-old Hykeem Golson attempting to exit the store, through the fire doors at the garden center, with a shopping cart containing $118 worth of merchandise that had not been paid for, the report stated.
Some of the merchandise included candy, socks, frozen biscuits, beef jerky, a stuffed teddy bear, a Valentine’s Day card, a 12-pack of Bud Light, a bottle of wine and a six pack of Corona beer.
Golson was arrested and charged with shoplifting.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet