Report: Man tries to wear jacket out of store | Crime
The Lexington County Sheriff’s Department arrested a man for shoplifting on Tuesday.
According to an incident report, 19-year-old Zachary Schmitt was arrested after deputies say he attempted to wear a fleece jacket out of the Walmart store located on South Lake Drive.
The report said Schmitt took a fleece jacket off the rack, placed it over his shirt attempting to wear it and give off the impression it was his.
Deputies say Schmitt also tried to steal a package of ink pens.
Schmitt was arrested and taken to the Lexington County Detention Center.
While in custody, deputies located a check book that was reported stolen the previous day, the report stated.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet