Report: Woman steals more than $350 worth of Halloween decorations, items | Crime
The Lexington County Sheriff’s Department arrested a Pelion woman after they say she stole almost $400 worth of Halloween decorations and other items from a store.
Deputies responded to Walmart located on South Lake Drive in reference to a shoplifter.
Upon arrival, deputies met with a loss prevention officer who stated that he observed 22-year-old Desiree Hall conceal merchandise described as Halloween decorations and other miscellaneous items with a total value of $391.78, according to an incident report.
Deputies say Hall placed the items into two large plastic storage bins and left the store.
According to sheriff’s deputies, as Hall approached her vehicle, a loss prevention officer confronted her about the stolen merchandise.
Hall admitted to stealing the items and was taken into custody, the report stated.
Hall was arrested for shoplifting and transported to Lexington County Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference