Man arrested after deputies say he sold stolen truck to recycling company | Crime
LEXINGTON, SC (WIS) - Lexington County Sheriff's Deputies arrested a man accused of selling a stolen vehicle to a scrap metal recycling company.
46-year-old Johnnie Wayne Martin, III of Lexington was arrested Monday on charges of receiving stolen goods and obtaining property under false pretenses. Martin was released from the Lexington County Detention Center after psoting $5,000 bail.
Deputies say Martin stole a pickup truck from a driveway of a home on Longview Street near Lexington. Martin sold the truck to CMC Recylcing for $482. CMC Recycling crushed the pickup for scrap metal, which investigators say was worth about $1,400.
The day after Martin sold the truck to CMC recylcing, investigators say the owner reported the truck stolen. The owner told investigators the truck didn't run and she kept it at a home she owned but doesn't live at on Longview Street.
Sheriff's investigators are asking anyone who may have information about any other criminal activity involving Martin to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-Crime-SC.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet