Fire service graduates twelve recruit firefighters | Community Spirit
On January 4, 2013 Lexington County graduated its newest firefighters and welcomed them into the Fire Service.
The twelve men that made up the recruit firefighter program, class 12-03, completed a twelve week program consisting of physical training, academic education and testing, as well as technical skill based training.
At the completion of the program the candidates were awarded National Fire Protection Association certification at the Firefighter II level.
These new firefighters also achieved Emergency Medical First Responder certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician. The completion of this program and the placement of these new firefighters into stations boosted the Lexington County Fire Service’s staffing level.
This staffing enables Lexington County to assign a minimum of two personnel around the clock at each fire station. Congratulations to these graduates in their new assignments as Lexington County Fire Fighters!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet