Come Out And Enjoy FREE Boiled Peanuts On August 25th | Community Spirit
Come out on Saturday, August 25 for FREE boiled peanuts at Boiled Peanut Day. The South Carolina Peanut Board in cooperation with the SC Department of Agriculture is hosting the event which will take place at the State Farmers Market at 3483 Charleston Hwy in West Columbia.
The free treat is being offered as part of the celebrations for Farmers Market Month in South Carolina and the 5th anniversary of the Certified South Carolina Grown Summer Celebrations. The boiled peanut give‐away will take place between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. or while supplies last in the farmers sheds on Wholesale Lane.
Many South Carolinians enjoy eating boiled peanuts and our state is fast becoming a major peanut producer. According to the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service, South Carolina ranks fifth in the nation for peanut production.
So come out and enjoy some free boiled peanuts while shopping at the State Farmers Market.
For more information, please call Brad Boozer at 803‐737‐4531.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet