LE Memorial Dedication to be held May 17 | Community Spirit
Law Enforcement officials throughout Lexington County have been working together since March 2010 to construct a monument to honor their fellow brothers and sisters who have made the ultimate sacrifice while protecting the citizens of the county. The monument, designed by local SLED Agent Mike Lynch, has been placed on the Marc Westbrook Courthouse grounds. Memorial bricks, purchased in memory of officers who have passed away or in honor of current law enforcement officers or law enforcement agencies have been placed in front of the monument.
Dedication of the monument will be held May 17, 2012, at 9:30 AM and will feature Chief Mark Keel, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, as guest speaker. Other members of Lexington County law enforcement, along with community leaders, will honor the memories of those whose names appear on the monument along with their families who will be in attendance.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet