GES students plant seeds for healthy futures | Arts & Culture
Gilbert Elementary student Sam Felkel admires his winning cabbage, measuring in at four and a half pounds and 10 inches wide.
Sam and his third-grade classmates participated in the Bonnie Plants Cabbage Program. As the grower of the largest cabbage, Sam was named the class winner and is eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
The Bonnie Plants Cabbage Program provides students with a cabbage seedling to take home and plant. The national vegetable gardening initiative fosters an interest in gardening, healthy eating and taking care of the environment.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Death of child considered suspicious, under investigation
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake